Long term health

I have asked this question before but got no answer. I hope you will find the time to answer.

I'm 31 y/o and have been HIV+ since abotu 4 years. I'm on Boosted Telzir and Truvada and I'm doing well if not only for those elevated Trigs.

I'm dealing with my life as if the expected side of effects of HIV will haunt me sooner or later. And that the diaries I've read here at the body.com about people who are in their 50s and have been with HIV since 20 years or so. These people make the statement that they are happy to be alive, but it is no way like a healthy 50 y/o male is. From constant fatigue to a host of other health issues, life seems to be really difficult.

My question is, am I right to assume this will be my life 10-15 years from now? it means a lot to me to get an answer to this question.

Many thanks for your outstanding efforts.

Hello and thanks for your post.

I tell all of my patients that they will live a very long time- to plan for living as long, or longer than their parents and to plan for retirement.

To answer your question directly, as your on HIV medications and generally doing well, I'd expect you live at least 10-15 year; probably a lot longer than that. Medications shouldn't be causing serious side effects- for you or anyone else- if they are it's time to talk to your doctor about modifications.

I'd value our readers experiences here and ask others to share their thoughts.

BY

RE:About my labs
gilbert syndrome