RE:About my labs

I am taking meds atripla to be exact. been on them since last july. And to think my cd4 count was 3! Oh thank you so much! You are my hero! Just one more question. If my viral load dropped down to 48, why can't it drop to zero?

Thanks for your follow up and thoughts.

Viral load tests often report two things-- first, your's says that the viral load is not measurable, or below the lowest level of quantitation (or 48). Sometimes the labs will also report whether the virus was detectable, but at levels that they can't put a number on, or not. In the later case, you could kinda call this zero; importantly, this doesn't mean that the virus is gone from your body, only that medications have very successfully supressed HIV.

Be well, BY

Just starting meds
Long term health