RE:About my labs
Jun 25, 2009
I am taking meds atripla to be exact. been on them since last july. And to think my cd4 count was 3! Oh thank you so much! You are my hero! Just one more question. If my viral load dropped down to 48, why can't it drop to zero?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your follow up and thoughts.
Viral load tests often report two things-- first, your's says that the viral load is not measurable, or below the lowest level of quantitation (or 48). Sometimes the labs will also report whether the virus was detectable, but at levels that they can't put a number on, or not. In the later case, you could kinda call this zero; importantly, this doesn't mean that the virus is gone from your body, only that medications have very successfully supressed HIV.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have AIDS
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.