About my labs
Jun 24, 2009
I know that this isn't the place for me to ask, but I have to know. I got my labs boac and they said my cd4 count was 849 and my viral load was 48. Not 480, not 4800, not even 48000. Is that possible? I'm asking you because I trust you. Please answer me back. I'm dying to know.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Yes, an undetectable HIV viral load is possible (I'm assuming that your not on HIV treatment from the tone of your question)-- though rare. A repeat test is usually in order, just to confirm.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.