Genewize

I have a question for you I have been HIV Poz since 4 years from now. I had a fought to get my life back to normal and stay postive. I am taking HIV meds and vitamins everyday. I would like to know about Genewize DNA Inc. to find making match what taking to vitamins, provide pills drinks etc. help to get better. but, I am afriad wont ruins mixed up genewize and HIV Meds. Should I go ahead or better not do it?

RM

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear RM,

From what I can find out about Genewize it seems to be mostly a marketing ploy. Their site talks about the importance of the human genome project (which is a multinational collaboration of scientists to decsribe all the genes in the human body) and the analysis that is currently underway to help link certain genes with diseases (which is now in very early stages) with a nutritional prescription that tailor made to the individual. The idea sounds interesting but their is not enough information on the function and purpose of most of the genes, let alone making any proper analysis of what the implications of these varied genes would have on the nutritional needs of any single individual. It is a common practice of these sites to pepper their language with alot of valid scientific references (like to the genome project) that have nothing to do with their claims. I would not recommend this approach at this time.

Stay well,

Joe

Test done after 12 hours!
Getting up early to work and Atripla