Average Atripla Duration?

I'm on Atripla and have been since 3/07, which I never missed a dose and take at 6AM on a totally empty stomach. I've been undetectable on the 48 copies test from the beginning and just was undetectable last week. I asked my dr. what the average duration is for Atripla before you statrt having a breakthrough on the vl and have to switch meds. He said he can't say ..... but there has to be some average idea .... I know Atripla hasn't been out long, but .... I'd just like to have some idea. Thank you!!!!!!

Hello and thanks for your post.

The medications in Atripla (tenofovir, FTC and efavirenz) have been around for quite some time, it's only the triple combination tablet that's relatively new.

Since your viral load has been undetectable for over 2 years, I'd think that it would be highly unexpected that you'll experience treatment failure- therefore, you should be able to stay on your meds for many, many years to come.

Be well, BY

medication changes
Atripla, switched to Truvada + Isentress