isentress

I started isentress about 6 weeks ago. The first couple days were difficult with sinus pressure and headaces, but that cleared up. From the beginning the gas was very difficult. About 2 weeks ago diarreah started. My gut is killing me in the morning, and I am experiencing sharp back pains just above my left hip. Could any of the back pain and gut pain be related to the isentress? Thanks, Mike

Hello Mike and thanks for your post.

I would assume that you're receiving other medications than just raltegravir (Isentress).

The pains and discomfort that you're experiencing are not characteristic of raltegravir-- while gastrointestinal or gut pain is commonly associated with other HIV medications (like protease inhibitors), they are not a usual part of raltegravir.

Either way, I'd discuss your symptoms with your doctor. Don't settle for unpleasant side effects without a fight for better tolerability.

Be well, BY

about hiv
Virammune and testosterone