Prescription Refill (Atripla)

Hello, I had a question regarding refills for atripla. I just realized that I have only about 6 tablets left of it and unfortunately I didn't contact the pharmacy soon enough to get a refill (which typically takes a week to actually get the refill) and as a result I will be missing out on two dosses. As it stands now my viral load is 395 and my CD4 count is 135, will missing two doses be much of a problem regarding drug resistance, and also do you know of any "programs" that help in siutations like these such as "loaner drugs?" Which is a term I've heard before. Thank you very much.

Hello and thanks for your post.

In a world where we can overnight deliver a package around the world, I have a hard time believing that a pharmacy in the US would take a week to get a supply of Atripla.

I'd suggest one of two things. First, talk to your doctor or AIDS service organization- sometimes there is a surplus supply of medications that can be raided to get you the one or two pills that you need.

Alternatively, find a different pharmacy in your city. Most of the major chains (like Walgreens or Safeway) can get any medication shipped to the local outlet within 24 hours.

Good luck, BY

Kaletra and Hemodialysis
about hiv