Infection via eye mucosa and PEP-last post -thank you

Dear dr.Young

thank you for explaining your position. I am from South-Eastern Europe. If I understood you right: in case you consider an exposure to be significant one (and you do consider a small blood droplet hitting ones eye as such an exposure) regardless of whether the patient is HIV positive or of unknown status you would recommend PEP, unless the patient could be tested ?

Thank you once again very much and not to bore you and the readers more, this is my last post.

Kind regards Marko

Hello again Marko,

Good to hear from you; I've spent a considerable time in Ukraine and Russia on teaching programs. You are correct about my opinion. Recognize that this may differ from local or national protocols; I think that PEP is a very individual conditional decision.

No bore at all, write back anytime.

BY

pulmonia
Septrin intake.