The treament of HIV!

My husband who is a doctor of surgery is affected by HIV during during operative procedures for less than one year. But the amount of CD4 is less than 200. It is important to not that the amount decrease sharply. I ask for your help about the treament.Please give us a therapeutic schedule. Thank you very much.

Hello and thank you for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear of your husband. Do you live in the US or EU?

Yes, it is critical that he avoid any further decline in CD4 count. With a CD4 count below 200, he should be receiving trimethoprim/sulfa to prevent Pneumocystic pneumonia (PCP)- usually a single strength tablet once-daily or double strength every other day.

He should also be considering starting combination treatment for HIV in the very near future. Which medication to start with is a decision based on a number of factors, including other medical conditions (or risks), avoidance of characteristic side effects, pill number and dosing frequency (usually once- or twice-daily).

This is only a start, but if you search our "First-Line Therapies" category, you'll find a lot of information about such regimens.

Best to you and your husband, BY

I am scared...
boils and staph