May 25, 2009
Hi, I've been negative ever since and week before last I tested for PCR (HIV) and still negative. 3days ago I had sex with my ex boyfriend and the condom busted. I asked him to go for a test and he agreed but my question is should I take PEP because it need to be taken within 72hrs of exposure or should I wait for his result? Anxious!!
Response from Dr. Young
If you've had a possible exposure, time is of the essence. One could start PEP and always stop if additional information (ie, a negative test) emerges.
Be well (and safe), BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots Could I Have AIDS
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.