HIV meds treatment & AIDS
May 23, 2009
I'm still very unsure about this. I understand that if an HIV-positive person who does not undergo treatment or takes his medication his condition would definitely progresses to AIDS. HOWEVER, my question is, would he still advances to AIDS even though he diligently sticks to his medications in the hopes to control (and reduces) his viral load and increase his CD4 levels?
Please advice, A very (VERY) concern guy.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello Concern Guy,
Persons who have access to, and adhere to properly selected HIV medications don't need to progress to AIDS. Indeed, AIDS conditions and risks reverse in the vast majority of persons, even if they are first diagnosed with advanced disease.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.