May 17, 2009
Where can I have access to interleukin injections? Im not on meds yet and want to delay them ! Thanks!
| Response from Dr. McGowan
There is no scientific data that interleukin injections are safe or efficacious in the situation you outline. Moreover, the data from 2 recent studies (ESPRIT and SILCAAT) presented at the recent Montreal Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections concluded there was little role for interleukin in terms of reducing the risk of death or illness from HIV related causes even for individuals on treatment for HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Broken Condom
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Insertive Oral Sex
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Needle Stick
- Swallowing Cum How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Are The Odds Of Getting AIDS From Barebacking?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.