Disclose

I diognised in November 2009, I did checkup because of my pregnancy, my baby is fine and my baby's father doesn't know I'm scared to tell him what going to do?

Response from Dr. McGowan

You are obviously in a difficult situation. I favor disclosing your HIV status to your sexual partner. You do not know how you contracted your HIV and if your baby's father is HIV negative or HIV positive. My advice is that you talk to a social worker or your doctor and determine the best way to tell him especially if there is a possibility of any violence if you disclose your HIV positive status. Good luck Joe

what is the best PEP to always have ready if needed?
Detectable vs undectable