Storing Atripla

Hi Doctors. I have asked two different pharmacists as well as my doctor this question and received three differing answers. I was on a road trip in Arizona and I left a almost new bottle of Atripla in the car. It was in the 90's that day and the car was an oven. They were in there for about seven hours. Are the pills still safe to take? The bottle specifically mentions that storage in a specific temperature is needed (77 degrees). I have been told yes, still good; no, no good; and it should be OK. Can you assist? Thanks!

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for question. The package insert states: "Store at 25 C (77 F); excursions permitted to 1530 C (5986 F)." Based on this information, and the temperature stated in you question, the potency of the medication might be affected and I would, if possible, exchange for a fresh bottle.

Switching Meds
Can hiv cause liver cancer