YOU CAN BE THE BEST DOCTOR OVER THE WORLD BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO UNDERESTIMATE THE NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS

YOU CAN BE THE BEST DOCTOR OVER THE WORLD BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO UNDERESTIMATE THE NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS as you said in this post: http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Meds/Archive/labmonitoring/Q169199.html

I've been HIV+ for 5 years, and since 3 years ago my cd4's went from 13% Jan 06 to 23% 2 weeks ago (May 09), and a Viral load from 341.000 (Jan 06) to 156 (may 09)...which is a viral load that I've been mantaining along these 3 years (less than 500 HIV-1 copies/ml) after I started to take some supplements.

Just for your knowledge. I am not expecting an reply, but I think that respect is something everyone should use in every situation in life, and because I am healthy thanks to some supplements, ONLY NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS=ARV VIRGIN, that you think "are a waste of time and money", I am asking for respect about it.

My partner is under ARV and since he's been taking some herbal supplements, he had a jump in his cd4's from 450 to 800 in 3 months. And since last year all his cd4 results are between 780 and 850, of course undetectable. His doctor is amazed with that.

I am sorry Dr Young, but if you are not sure about something, do not say it's a waste of time and /or money, I really think it's very obtuse your comment.

Hello and sorry that you feel that I'm disrespecting you or your supplements.

I happen to have a belief system in scientific method- so unless there's good medical science to support any conclusion (supplement or pharmaceutical), I'm skeptical. Hence, I'm still waiting to see reproducible and credible data that suggests that so-called natural supplements can produce the results that you describe. I don't believe that this is obtuse, but rather a responsible opinion- I try very much to summarize the best available medical science- from whatever quarter, country or strategy there is. I've seen far too many of my patients and friends die hoping for medications (before they were available) or in a false believe in unproven strategies. To assert benefit when it's not proven, or to convince people or health systems to invest in unproven treatments, in my opinion, is irresponsible. I'm not asserting a "right", but rather this doctor's best opinion. You're entitled (and have a right) to not to agree, nor to take medications.

I'm actually quite happy to hear that you are doing well and have had an increase in your CD4 percentage and have a very low viral load. Could it have been that your first set of labs were taken around a time of recent infection (with high viral load and low CD4s) and you're one of the lucky ones who have turned out to naturally be a long-term non-progressor?

Now, before you believe that I don't care about alternative treatments, please tell us more about what exactly you and your partner are taking. I'm actually quite interested to know more. To have such a valuable insight into treatment and not share is, as you would say, "obtuse".

Two cents from certainly not the best doctor over the world. BY

TRUVADA OR ATRIPLA?
ARV's and Alcohol