HAART and Prozac

Hello, I have been on Ritonavir/Norvir, FTC and TDF for almost three years and doing fine (viroload below 50, CD4 +/- 500). I turned 40 last year and midlife crisis is hitting hard. I would, therefore, like to go on PROZAC for a while since I had good experiences with it when I seroconverted in 2001. I took it for a year (not on HAART back then) and stopped since I had stabilized. Are there any objections to use Prozac with my current HAART? If so, what would be a good alternative? Thanks for your time. Best regards, James

James, thanks for your post.

Are you really just taking ritonavir TDF and FTC? Or were you mistaken and have a forth (you should)?

In any event, ritonavir can increase the levels of Prozac- as such, you should start on the lowest dose possible, in order to avoid any toxicities.

Hope this helps.

BY

I've become Detectable and need to Change my Regimen
Right time to start treatment.