Apr 28, 2009
I am, 27, male, and TPHA Positive. . How Serious is TPHA being positive? What precautions can I have to exercise? Any medicine to turn TPHA negative? ragi
Response from Dr. Young
The TPHA test is a test for syphilis. If positive, you should be treated, usually with a series of penicillin injections. The test will likely remain positive for life, but with treatment there should be no significant risk of medical complications, nor need to restrict your exercise.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- I Contracted Molluscum Contagiosum Do I Have Hiv
- Treatment Of Penile Thrush
- Carpal Tunnel And Neuropathy
- Are Hiv Symptoms Constant Or Off And On?
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.