Apr 28, 2009
I am, 27, male, and TPHA Positive. . How Serious is TPHA being positive? What precautions can I have to exercise? Any medicine to turn TPHA negative? ragi
Response from Dr. Young
The TPHA test is a test for syphilis. If positive, you should be treated, usually with a series of penicillin injections. The test will likely remain positive for life, but with treatment there should be no significant risk of medical complications, nor need to restrict your exercise.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
- Can Deep Mouth To Mouth Kiss Cause Hiv?
- Do Pep Drugs Delay The Body In Producing Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.