high appreciate your work

Dear Dr. McGowan : Your contribution of very kind and professional work to all anxiety people is really appreciate and save many people life! We know you to do this for free, Please continue, we need you! thank you take time! I have a situation needed your help. I look forward from your response. 7 months ago, I had vaginal intercourse with a Korea lady, unfortunately condom was broken before I recongnized. Also I had deep kiss with this lady. This lady was not drug user, not CSW. She worked in nurse home and had two young babies, one only had 8 month old. One day later I had symptom, ulcer in the mouth corn and two lymph node swollen at same side neck. Later I tested, it was herpes-1.Two weeks later after this exposure, I got pain in the front of neck and felt move onto the chest. I also had some dry cough and cramp, pain in abdominal, some diarrhea,but continue soft stool until now. I did test on 25th day, RNA loading: bDNA3<75, HIV1/2 non reaction, CD4:780,37%, CD8:540,24%. CD4/CD8=1.4 WBC is 5.8k. The HIV specialist told me no worry about, asked me six month later to check again. But I continued to have muscle pain and join pain, two times rash in the face, continue 99.4 degree temperuation at mouth. I did another bDNA3 test at 2th month, undetectable, antibody hiv1/2 non-reaction. I continued to check with rapid oral-advance test, Home access kit,and LabCorp hiv1/o/2 EIA test and also I did three times western blots, All showed negative. About two months ago, I began to have runing nose and teeth pain until now. I checked CBC and CD4 again at 7th month. CD4 is 650,39%. CD8 is 430,24%. CD4/CD8=1.5, WBC is 4.4k. I always have WBC 5.8K, but now I only have 4.4k. I know cell number always jump, but it is too much change and I have runing nose symptom and teeth pain, looks like chronic sinusitis. I also had mild or moderate swollen lymph node in neck, go and come back for 7 month, but swollen lymph node did not appear other location. I had tongue coat also. I test TB, there has some reaction, maybe about 10mm size, but chest x-ray is normal and I had BCG vocciss in my childhood. I asked the lady to test HIV at 3th month using Home access kit, she showed negative.

Dear Dr.McGowan, Do I have hiv? It is difficult to explain these smyptoms derive from pschyosis. Do I need to continue to monitor? Do I get rare strain which can not be detected now? Please answer these questions. Thank you again!

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your question.

No you do not have HIV infection from your exposure 7 months ago. According to the tests you have not been infected. You do not need further testing. Don't worry and make sure to practice safe sex.

Joe

HIV+ w/ shingles vax
Should I have started meds?