Allergic Reaction

I keep getting an allergic reaction to my meds. I have been on Lexiva, Norvir and Sustiva. The reaction I get is my body is covered in hives. I am newly diagnosed and I am being to worry. Is it possible that all the meds I come in contact with give me hives?

Hello and thank you for your post.

It is certainly unfortunate, if unlikely that you're allergic to all of these medications. Both efavirenz (Sustiva) and fosamprenavir (Lexiva) are associated with allergy and rash.

Since you're probably receiving another medication (nukes) with your your Sustiva and Lexiva, I'd wager that you're experiencing an allergic reaction to one of these. While this is less common and takes time to diagnose, we've seen persons like you where we ultimately have diagnosed an allergic to one of the nukes-- since we frequently treat with either Truvada or Epzicom combinations, it has been the case that allergy is associated with any of these meds.

BY

Oatmeal and absorption
How did I develop a resistance Part 2