Grapefruit interaction ??
Apr 15, 2009
HOw does eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice interfere with today's antiviral meds? Or has that become just an old wive's tale? I take Atripla, but I love grapefruit juice.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Unless your drinking a ton of grapefruit juice, there's nothing to worry about. The interaction between grapefruit and the medications in Atripla are not very significant.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Antibiotics Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
- Chance Of False Negative Elisa
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.