gene therapy trials for hiv...

Hi Dr Ben, you are the man, great work...

l live in Los Angeles and would like to start gene therapy for my hiv,

l have developed resistance to most hiv meds and have aids, but still feel good,

could you please show me the way to when the clinical trials begin for gene therapy....

thank you for your time

Hello and thanks for your words.

So, resistance to most meds? Does that mean resistance to all? I'd first suggest getting a very experienced HIV clinician to review your entire resistance and treatment history- there's a good possibility that there is a combination regimen that might suppress your virus. Do you have documented genotypic (and/or phenotypic) resistance to all medications?

Anyways, in Los Angeles, I'd be making contact with the excellent doctors at the UCLA AIDS clinical trial unit or at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. Either would likely be able to keep you informed about options for investigational medical trials. Another place to check is the US Department of Health and Human Services' website . Here, you can search for clinical trials nationwide.

Be well, BY

PEP HIV
HIV+ & ED