Please clear my doubt

Dear Doc Young I read in one of your answers that a CD4 of 7% accounts to an absolute CD4 count of 100 cells. My absolute count is 634 cells and CD4 percentage is 49.That sounds good enough as per your stats but its still on the lower side. My question is...What about ppl who have CD4 absolute count of 1000 or more. Their percentage will go more than 100 in that case. Please help me clear my doubt.Thanks and we really appreciate the Job u guys are doing here.

Hello and thanks for your post.

Your math is correct, but the extension of the 7%=100 cells applies primarily to persons with lower CD4 counts. Generally speaking, normal CD4 percentages are around 50%.

Hence, you can see that both your absolute CD4 and CD4% are in the normal range.

Be well, BY

Atripla and zithromax
Change of meds mid-PEP regimen