Atripla and zithromax
Apr 10, 2009
I have been taking Zithromax for two days now.I took my first dose of Atripla last night.Is there a danger of adverse reaction from the mix of two?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
There aren't any significant drug-drug interactions between azithromycin (Zithromax) and the HIV medications in Atripla. Indeed, azithro is recommended for HIV infected persons with CD4 counts below 50 to help prevent Mycobacterium avium (MAC) infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Stress Cause Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Levels Of Hiv In Vaginal Secretions
- How Long Do Symptoms Of The Mouth Begin If Hiv Infected?
- How Long Does The Hiv Virus Stay Alive In Fresh Air?
- It Is Rare For An Hiv Negative Man To Get Hiv From Vaginal Sex
- Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Disease Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.