THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION JOSEPH I JUST HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION

DOCTOR MCGOWAN; I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY LAST QUESTION AND I JUST HAVE THREE MORE QUESTIONS FOR YOU IN ARS IS IT VERY COMMON FOR IT TO START OFF WITH A SORE THROAT FOR A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE FLU? AND ALSO IS IT VERY COMMON IN ARS ALSO TO BE FOLLOWED BY A VERY BAD COLD? AND THE LAST QUESTION IS DO YOU THINK ANAL FINGERING THAT MAY HAVE HAD SOME PRE CUM ON FINGERS IS WARRENTED FOR AN HIV TEST WITH THE SYPTOMS THAT I HAVE HAD LISTED ABOVE THANKS AND I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Anal contact as you described can be a potential exposure for HIV, the more trauma associated with the fingering the greater the possible risk.

The Acute Retroviral Syndrome..which can occur shortly after a person contracts HIV can mimic a viral infection, such as mononucleosis. A person may feel fatigue, swollen glands, sore throat, have oral sores or a rash on the body. Respiratory symptoms, such as a cough, runny nose or congestion are usually not seen with ARS.

Atripla and Allergy Meds
When to start 9 yr old on medications