kaletra vs trizivir pregnant

Should I switch from kaletra to trizivr if I plan to get pregnant trough IVF in the very next month? I refuse to stop my tri-therapy for any period of time. It does seem to bother the OB that I can not stop for the first semester. may be the first month? I have treated for over 5 years now always undetectable viral laod and 490 cd4. thank you for your consideration.

Hello and thanks for your post.

If you're planning pregnancy, especially if your doctor has you on a successful Kaletra-based treatment, there's no need to change your regimen.

Kaletra (as much as the medication is fading from popularity as a first-line PI) is still the industry standard for pregnancy- I would not recommend using a triple NRTI regimen (such as Trizivir), under most circumstances.

An alternative option would be to stop treatment during the first trimester, but since you've done so well, for so long on your regimen, most HIV/pregnancy experts that I know would recommend continuation, rather than letting your virus come back (even for a short while).

I hope this helps. Good luck and good health, BY

Can I stop taking meds?
how to take those two