usage of PLWA
Apr 3, 2009
does one still refer to an HIV positive person as a PLWA (person living with aids) even though they are not yet at the AIDS stage? if so why? is it just a generic name?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Your point is well taken. The term PLWA (or PLWHA) is a generic term-- one that I've never really been comforatble with, since the real point is the Person, rather than the HIV or AIDS.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Until Std Test Results Come Back?
- Can Hepatitis B And C Survive In Water?
- Hiv From Handjob With Blood On Hands
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.