Mar 29, 2009
Dear doc, my wife is hiv+, just tested and found very recently. Before that, I used to have the wet kiss (ie tongue to tongue) with her. I went to get the hiv tested and found negative. Is wet kiss(saliva) transmitting hiv? Please advise me urgently.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
With very rare exceptions, HIV is not transmitted by kissing. If your test is negative, you have little to worry about.
So, here's to your health and the long-term health of your wife.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Most Common Ways To Get Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Can Vinegar Cure For Shingles?
- Transmission Of Herpes From Mouth To Vagina
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.