Do I have AIDS of HIV?

I found out that I had HIV 6 weeks ago when I went for a check up about a dry cough that I had. They tested me for HIV becuase of the dry cough I had nigh sweats. It turns out I am HIV Poz and my CD4 was 207 and VL 13000. They sent me in for another test for resistance and to ind out my body is sensitive to all medication, and not only that before Starting my ARVT my CD4 jumped up to 305. I started my ARVT a month ago and my VL dropped to 5000 and CD4 to 400, but I really don't know if I concider myself HIV or AIDS victim? Please let me know????

Hello and thanks for your post.

Sounds like you're having a very nice initial response to your HIV treatments.

If your CD4 count never dropped below 200 (your's was very close) and you didn't have any prior AIDS-defining illnesses, then you would be considered as HIV infected, but not meeting the definition for AIDS.

Hope this helps. Be well,

BY

lf you get your CD4 to 500 and virol load undetectable are you back to normal ???
Ditch Ziagen for Isentress?? Help