Isentress and Truvada

hi Dr., I am recently tested HIV +. the Dr. did the phenosense - GT test on me and choice the med that best for me. I started my med 4 days ago (Isentress and Truvada) Since my testosterone level is low and my T-cell count is 130 the my Dr. give me Testosterone gel and Bac trime DS.

I started feeling weak starting 3 days a taking the medications and sometime I got a twitching on my body sleeping or awake. It is a side effect from the med? Is the med not right for me that why I feel weak? Please help

Hello and thanks for your post.

I don't think that feeling weak or twitching is a typical side effect of your HIV medications; I'd certainly let your doctor know about the symptoms that you're experiencing. With your very low CD4 count, there's significant risk of having a new complication in the days after starting on treatment (called immune reconstitution reaction).

Best of luck and health, BY

Testim vs. Androgel
High Viral Load