Mar 7, 2009
Dr.young i want to know if hiv positive but with undetectable viral load can get hepatitis and yellow fever vaccines.And what about other viral vaccines,is there any contraindication.thank you.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Hepatitis A and B vaccinations are recommended for all persons with HIV infection (provided that you don't already have natural infection with either hepatitis virus).
Yellow fever vaccination should only be given to persons with CD4 counts greater than 350 and who require the vaccine for travel risks. The vaccine is not recommended for persons with lower counts.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting Hiv With Hangnail
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- What Is The Life Span Of A Person Infected With Herpes?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Antibiotics Do For Peoples With Herpes?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.