Reyataz again

Hi Joseph,

I posted an earlier enquiry concerning boosted Reyataz without food, and your reply (thanks BTW) was that it wasn't essential, however surfing this site I found a reply from Ben Young in which he states it is essential.....now I'm confused and a little worried. The problem is that I hate taking my meds with food. Any ideas? Thanks again. M

Response from Dr. McGowan

Hello M Thank you for your follow up question. In your original post you had mentioned that you were "undetectable at the time (and still am)" on your regimen of "two nukes and boosted ATV." In this case, it is much more important that you are adherent to your entire regimen than to miss your medications or risk missing them if you "hate taking [your] meds with food." So, I tell my patients who are starting for the first time on boosted Reyataz to take it with food (a light meal or snack is sufficient) to even out the absorption of the drug. But, you are virologically suppressed at this point and missing doses due to any "psychological difficulties associating food" is a worse prospect than being fully adherent taking your regimen without food. I hope this allays any concerns you might have. Thanks, Joe

Undetectable levels
yeast