simple lexiva vs. norvir boosted lexiva

I just switched to a combo of Truvada and Lexiva. I made the switch from Kaletra, Viread, and Epivir. I was having problems with bone necrosis and extremely high cholesterol & trigylcerides. From what I've read here it seems that Lexiva is best when boosted with Norvir. Should I be concerned that I'm on plain old Lexiva? My most recent cd4 was at 881, and my viral load is undectable for years. I was initially infected circa 1986. I have had one total hip replacement, and the other isn't 100%.

Response from Dr. McGowan

There are a number studies that have looked and are currently investigating the option of going from a boosted protease inhibitor (PI) regimen to an unboosted PI regimen. The results of the ARIES study that is looking at a regimen that contains boosted Reyataz and then switches half the group that achieved virologic suppression on the boosted regimen to unboosted Reyataz are being awaited. In your case, the success of your unboosted Lexiva regimen in large part depends on any prior PI resistance that you might have and any prior nucleoside resistance. Your question implies that you understand that you should be monitored closely on your new regimen. Good luck Joe

resistance building up?
HIV specialist in Islamabad