Taking Viagra with Atripla

I take Atripla for HIV. I know that this does not prevent the spread of HIV. My partner and I want to have protected sex. Is there a drug interaction between Viagra (or similar meds) and atripla?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for question. The Efavirenz component of Atripla may decrease the level of Viagra (or other similar drugs) which might reduce Viagra's effectiveness. Even so, you should use the standard daily dose of Viagra with Atripla. The use of Viagra and, certainly, higher than normal doses of Viagra should occur only after a discussion with your doctor. Thanks Joe

Burst condom + pep
resistance building up?