No response

Dear Drs. I asked a question a few weeks ago regarding being approached to participate in a naive study. Did you not respond due to the fact that it's a research study? I would like another opinion, if you don't mind, just for me. if you could speak to that, I'd feel much better. Thanks for considering.

Response from Dr. McGowan

You and your doctor should discuss the risks and benefits for enrolling nto a research study. In any research study, you will need to sign an informed consent. A research study has obligations. You will likley need to be followed over time, monitored closely in a very specific way and may need to provide samples more frequently. In general, well designed research studies that keep in mind the safety of the study volunteers have been essential in the strides we have made to treat HIV. As such, they need our support. Thanks Joe

resistance?
HIV and rectum bleeding.