Feb 28, 2009
In the ward while examining a HIV positive patient with high viral load i got in contact with his diaphoretic palms when he held my hand having a small cut over the middle of palmar surface of right thumb.Pl advice if PEP is indicated.What are the chances of transmission?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
There is no risk for acquiring HIV with the contact you described in your question. I would not recommened PEP. Thanks Joe
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract AIDS From Oral Sex With No Protection?
- Can You Get HIV From Making Out?
- Chance Of Getting AIDS From Sharing A Toothbrush
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Touching Used Condom
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.