Feb 28, 2009
Ive been on clindamycin for an infection in my mouth due to a tooth, meanwhile my boyfriend has contracted chlamidia an std. i was told that the antibiotics may have cleared mine up could that be true
Response from Dr. McGowan
Clindamycin has some activity against Chlamydia trachomatis but it is inferior to azithromycin or doxycycline. I would not rely on the clindamycin as adequate to treat the chlamydia that you may have contracted from your boyfriend. Thanks, Joe
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.