Feb 28, 2009
DR.DR.JOSEPH THANXS FOR YOUR RESPOND TO ME BEFORE BUT MY QUATION IS MY HUSBAND AND ME WE DO THE TEST FOR HIV, WE ARTE NEGTIVE BUT MY HUSBAND FOUND THAT TPAH , IS POSTIVE AND WHEN I DO THAT TEST I AM NEGTIVE OF TPAH . SO I M SURPRISED HOW COME THAT DISES IS NOT TRANSMETED TO ME ??????
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Syphilis can be spread by coming into contact with a person who has "active" lesions. A person with syphilis is most infectious early on in the course of the infection and becomes less infectious over time. If you decide not to get treated, you should continue to be monitored periodically(via testing) for syphilis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.