Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Missed doses
Feb 28, 2009

I have been on Sustiva and Kivexa for a year now, and have been completely adherent until this week. My viral load is undetectable but I have not had a test since my missed dose.

I usually take my meds at 1030pm, but forgot to take them, realising at 0645am the following morning so I took them then. However, due to confusion and misplaced tablets from my box I then thought I had taken the orginal dose in the first place. Therefore I did not take the following night's dose as I was concerned that I had already taken too much as a result of taking them that morning.

The following day I took them at 6pm and will take them at 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and then back to 10:30pm over the coming days.

What are the chances that this blip will lead to resistance? I have not been shown to be resistant to any other meds before this and this is my first line of treatment.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for your post.

A single late dose won't cause any long-term problems-- indeed, I think that you're being overly careful. After your missed dose, I would have just picked up the next evening (and not worried about nudging the time over the next days).

Be well, BY

Previous
CD4 Count of 113
Next
TPAH

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.