Missed doses

I have been on Sustiva and Kivexa for a year now, and have been completely adherent until this week. My viral load is undetectable but I have not had a test since my missed dose.

I usually take my meds at 1030pm, but forgot to take them, realising at 0645am the following morning so I took them then. However, due to confusion and misplaced tablets from my box I then thought I had taken the orginal dose in the first place. Therefore I did not take the following night's dose as I was concerned that I had already taken too much as a result of taking them that morning.

The following day I took them at 6pm and will take them at 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and then back to 10:30pm over the coming days.

What are the chances that this blip will lead to resistance? I have not been shown to be resistant to any other meds before this and this is my first line of treatment.

Hello and thanks for your post.

A single late dose won't cause any long-term problems-- indeed, I think that you're being overly careful. After your missed dose, I would have just picked up the next evening (and not worried about nudging the time over the next days).

Be well, BY

CD4 Count of 113
TPAH