night sweats

Hi Doctor,My name is Q"Im a 26yo poz gay blk male,who CD4 account is 749 and who's viral load is undetectable'every 5-6 months i experienced night sweats ,i would wakeup and the whole area where i laid at would be wet ,i take truvada,viramune,loradatine,atenlol,buprion as my meds is it possible' that my meds make my body do this? or is the virus in my body fighting with my red bloods cells,If you can help me,with this thanks!

Hello and thanks for your post.

Night sweats should be distinguished from being normally sweaty- the former involves sheet-soaking sweating, the later leaves things a little damp.

True night sweats can be a symptom of a very serious underlying problem- ranging from HIV, to hormonal problems, to tuberculosis or cancer. I don't usually associate HIV medications, especially the ones that you're taking (or others for that mater) with causing night sweats.

The best thing to do now is to let your doctor know about the sweats that you're having-- a detailed physical, laboratory and perhaps radiographic examination is probably in order.

Best of health, BY

hepatitis vaccination for hiv+
CHANGING DRUMS