|hepatitis vaccination for hiv+
Feb 26, 2009
does hiv+ and hepatitis B carrier need vaccination for hepatitis A and C? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
First off, there is no vaccination for hepatitis C.
All persons with HIV (or gay, HIV negative men) should be offered vaccinations for hepatitis A and hepatitis B; this is a US national guideline recommendation. Since you already have HBV infection, you'll only need the two-shot HAV vaccination series.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Swallowing Cum
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Rubbing Stripper Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Seroconverting After Pubic Hair
- Sex With Stripper Condom Broke And Possible HIV Exposure
- Sore In Mouth Afraid I Have AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.