Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Eye symptoms part 2
Feb 25, 2009

Hi Dr Young, I wrote to you last week about blurred vision and floaters during early infection. On your advice I saw an ophthalmologist who said everything looked fine (retina, lens, etc) but I have gone from nearly 20/20 vision in my right eye in October to 20/40. She says this is normal for my age (27 yrs). However I know she was not experienced in treating HIV+ patients. My question is whether HIV can cause eye changes (early on- I was infected mid-December) that would not be evident on opthalmologic exam?

Thanks for your advice.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for your follow up.

I don't think that the changes in the vision reported by your ophthamologist are out of the range of normal (unfortunately) aging.

Indeed, your age coincides with many individual's needs for prescription lenses (though your's probably don't require this).

Either way, keeping an eye (pun indended) on your symptoms isn't unreasonble-- I'd let your doctors know about any changes.

Be well, BY

Previous
Reyataz/Truvada without Novir
Next
HUGE DROP - follow up

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.