what does these lab results mean?
Feb 23, 2009
T-cell count 76 CD19(B cells) 16 CD 16 8 CD4 17 CD8 53
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
These labs indicate severe immune dysfunction-- a CD4 count below 200 is AIDS-defining; a count below 100 is very severe.
I hope that the person with these labs is under the care of an experienced HIV care provider, better yet on HIV treatments.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Will There Be A Cure For Hpv In The Future?
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Genital Warts?
- What Causes An Hpv Outbreak?
- What Happens When Herpes Go To Your Spine?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.