Response: Red Rash & Med Switch

Thank you Dr. McGowan for your quick response to my question regarding my med switch and new unwanted rash.

To answer your question, I will be moving to Thailand for work and was hoping to switch to the local Equivialant of Atripla for the next year or so as mailing Atripla to Thailand is against the law and the local medication is very affordable.

From your answer, I assume I should stick with it for a few weeks to see if the rash goes away. But if you feel I should investigate a different combination please let me know. Thanks again for being there when we need great advise!

Response from Dr. McGowan

See how the rash evolves. If it stays mild or fades you may be able to "treat through". But do not sit on it if it does get worse (especially if you have fever or mouth sores).

Good luck, Joe

Side Effect
Treatment of Skin Rash Allergy due to Atripla