Feb 21, 2009
MY HUSBAND WHEN HE DO THE BLOOD TES FOUND THAT HE IS TPHA POSTIVE 1:5120 QUANTITY IS HE IN WHICH STAGE OF DISISE AND WHEN I TEST I DONT HAVE THIS DISISE SO HOW COME IF THIS DISES TRANSMITED BY SEXUALE TRANSMITION I AM CLEAN OF THAT ?????
Response from Dr. McGowan
These are tests for syphilis. The high titer of 1:5120 and the Treponema pallidum hemagglutination (TPHA) test would indicate a recent infection. It is possible that, if you have had recent sexual contact with him that you may be too soon to test positive. You should seek medical care and receive evaulation and treatment. You should both also be tested for HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- At What Stages Of HIV Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.