medicines for HIV+

dear doctor, i have the HIV test on dec 08 and found positive. VL=49000, CD4=150 and %cd4=8.8. doctor said that i look ok and under stage 2. He put me on ARV treatment after my sore throat and ulcer fully healed(ie one month after). My tough grow fungus. I m now taking tenofovir, 3TC and sustiva in evening daily. For morning, i take bactrim and fluconazole. is these med okay for me? Thanks very much.

Hello and thanks for your post.

I think that your doctor is managing your situation very well. It is indeed time to be on HIV medications, and the regimen that you're taking is a very well tested and recommended one.

With your other symptoms and counts, it's certainly reasonable to be taking Bactrim to prevent PCP and fluconazole to treat your oral yeast infection.

Be well, BY

truvada
Worried sick