|Why Atripla on an empty stomach?
Feb 16, 2009
I like to eat at night. Will that affect Atripla, It doesnt make me queezy.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
So long as your side effects are acceptable, it's perfectly fine to take your Atripla with food-- the effect of food is to increase (slightly) the levels of efavirenz-- this simply increases the risk of developing those pesky efavirenz side effects, but should have no effect on the overal potency of the regimen.
HAART Side Effects
HAART Side Effects Follow Up
- Can You Get Hiv From Spit On A Cut?
- Hiv Eye Infection Swollen Eyelids
- Should I Have Dental Work Done If I Have Thrush?
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- What Does Hpv Do To Your Body?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.