Epzicom Reaction

I recently tried moving from Truvada to Epzicom. I could only stay on Epzicom for two weeks as I felt like I was taking speed. Lost 4 Lbs and could not sleep either without ambien. Have you had any patients experience this? It's not noted as a side effect. As soon as I stopped the Epzicom and went back to Truvada the accelerated feeling went away.

Thanks for your post.

Based on your switch to Epzicom and switch back to Truvada, it would indeed seem like your symptoms are related to one of the medications in Epzicom. I can't say that I have heard of this reaction, despite many years of using Epzicom (abacavir+3TC).

Indeed, with the exception of the abacavir allergic (or hypersensitivity) reaction, I rarely see any symptoms or side effects related to Epzicom.

BY

Re: Drop in CD4
Truvada, Reyataz & Norvir