should i give up?

i'm hiv + and hep c+ since i was 17 years old, and i had hodgkin disease before that is now in remission. i have blood clots in my legs and lungs. i did hep c treatment for 1 year and no sucesse.i had TB's, pnemonias, infecctions you name it. i feel that more i fight too live healthy more sick my body gets. i'm 30 years now, is my body giving up? and how long my body will take all this?

Response from Dr. McGowan

You have proved that you are a fighter. No, I think you know that you should not give up. Have you found an HIV treatment that works? Since most of your illness is likely related to immune eficiency that should be takled first. Sometimes it is hard to get the CD4 count up after chemotherpy for Hodgkin's but getting the viral load suppressed can definitely help you. You should definitely keep fighting. There are many more treatment options now than 13 years ago when you got infected. Take each day at a time and do not let discouragement stop you from succeeding. I hope you feel better soon. Joe

Red Rash after Med Switch
Alison