Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

should i give up?
Feb 12, 2009

i'm hiv + and hep c+ since i was 17 years old, and i had hodgkin disease before that is now in remission. i have blood clots in my legs and lungs. i did hep c treatment for 1 year and no sucesse.i had TB's, pnemonias, infecctions you name it. i feel that more i fight too live healthy more sick my body gets. i'm 30 years now, is my body giving up? and how long my body will take all this?

Response from Dr. McGowan

You have proved that you are a fighter. No, I think you know that you should not give up. Have you found an HIV treatment that works? Since most of your illness is likely related to immune eficiency that should be takled first. Sometimes it is hard to get the CD4 count up after chemotherpy for Hodgkin's but getting the viral load suppressed can definitely help you. You should definitely keep fighting. There are many more treatment options now than 13 years ago when you got infected. Take each day at a time and do not let discouragement stop you from succeeding. I hope you feel better soon. Joe

Previous
Red Rash after Med Switch
Next
Alison

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.