Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

re-masturbation
Feb 9, 2009

you answered a question i asked about anal masturbation with a brush. PLEASE tell me what you ment by the trauma part, can i have STD's, im not clear on that.

and lets say someone else used it for same purpose, how long does it take for STD's or aids to develop?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Using a brush for anal masturbation can cause damage (trauma) to the lining of the anal canal. This would disrupt the protective layer of cells that would stop HIV from entering the body. Any tears or breaks in the skin or mucous membranes can allow more easy passage of HIV and other STDs. If the brush was shared and carried body fluids (fresh semen or blood) from another person that could transmit other infections as well (hepatitis B, hepatitis C, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc). The STDs can arise at various times..at this point if you are concerned, you should visit your doctor to be screened for HIV and other likley STDs. Your doctor may refer you to a proctologist to evaluate for any injury to the anal canal.

Good luck,

Joe

Previous
HIV & Dating.
Next
What s best for starting?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.