The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr not sending in medical info
Feb 8, 2009

I am HIV Poz and I have been on STD for 6 months with my current employer. I have since been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Aids (CD4 Count 190), Depression, Neurpopthy. My short term has expired. LTD requires reports from the physicans I have been seeing. The hold up is my primary care despite repeated request she won't send medical information in on my behalf. I have seen her the most since she is my promary and she is well aware of what is going on with me. What can I do if my Primary Care is ignoring request from me and the LTD Co for medical info. I see 4 different specialist including my HIV specialist. My disability claim is being held up because they have not rec info from Primary Care what can I do to force my Primary Care to send in Medical Info. Any help or suggestions you can offer will be appreciated as I have not had income for 2 months due to the held up info by my doctor for no apparent reason other than the provider is very lazy.

Response from Dr. McGowan

If your other specialists agree that you do qualify for Long-Term Disability, you may request them to write to your PCP indicating their opinion. This may spur your PCP into action. It may also allow the PCP to quote the specialists in her response. If this approach does not work, and your discussion with your PCP are not productive, it may be time to consider changing your PCP.

Best, Joe

treatment for HBV halted
Ear piercing

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint